Sunday 20 June 2010

Ed arrives at NABS YES and makes some new friends.

Hi all

Well here I am at the NABS Youth Summit. Something I have learned over the last few months is that everything does not always go to plan and this has been no exception.
Cathy Sakas from NOAA had car trouble, so we arrived late for the registration. Meanwhile, Ken was having problems of his own. Ken had planned to pick some people up from Miami Airport but their plane was late – so Ken and these inbound travelers were unavoidably late for the registration. This meant I did not get to meet everyone that night.

However I did get to meet quite a few people. They were really jolly, friendly and really welcoming.
Here are some of the fun people I met on the first night.
Here I am meeting L Whitney Gowans...
...and this is Matthew Edwards
This is Octavia Shaw...
...and this is Terrance Adams
Sam and I met Lis, Spencer and Alexis
Here I am with Jessica Silk, she leant me her sun glasses - do you think they make me look cool!
This me with Ken Stewart, I was really looking forward to meeting him and shaking him by the paw.
This is me and Sam with two of the YES chaperones. I guess they are here to make sure we don't get into any trouble or up to any mischief.

It was great to met everyone and they are so friendly and welcoming. Very tiring though for such a little bear so I had to make my excuses and go off to bed. I know there is lots planned for tomorrow. I hope I won't be too excited to sleep...............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment