Tuesday 17 January 2012

Grotto Bay

Hi everyone

Today Abby took me to have a look at the rock pools in Grotto Bay.  All of a sudden it got very foggy as a sea mist came in so we didn't get to see much of a view.
There were many fascinating plants growing on the rocks at the top of the beach. As you may remember, my beach back home has rare shingle plants growing on it (it’s a rare habitat called vegetated shingle) so I was very interested to see what plants we could find at Grotto Bay.

This is a succulent and looks a bit like the English stone crop that grows on my beach back home.

We were going to explore the rock pool but Abby said it would not be safe to go too far out onto the rocks.
I explored some pools close to the beach. There were a few small sea snails

I did get to do a bit of rock climbing.

We saw the shapes of a group of cormorants on a rock surrounded by mist.

We were both disappointed that it was so misty and so we decided to go back.

Come back soon to find out where Abby takes me next.

Bye for now, Ed the Bear and Abby 

No comments:

Post a Comment